Which is better, Dish Network or DirecTV?
Both Dish Network and DirecTV have their strengths and weaknesses. DirecTV is directed more towards a sports enthusiast while Dish Network is more directed towards an economically directed customer. With that said, both companies have amazing introductory rates and promotions to get you what you want.
What we do is compare both companies with the package and equipment that works for you. Then we let you pick what you want.
My TV is fuzzy, how do I fix it?
My remote won't turn my TV on or off or change the volume, how can I fix it?
If you have DirecTV;
- Press the menu button on your remote
- Go to Parentals, Favs, and Setup
- Click on System Setup
- It will pull up a full screen, go to Remote Contol
- Program Remote
- From here, you find the brand of your TV and follow the directions on the screen
After the Program remote option, depending on the receiver you have the options may be a little bit different. Just go to the options to program the remote to the TV.
If you have Dish Network;
- Grab your satellite remote
- Press and hold the clear TV button on the top left of the remote until all four clear mode button on top light up, then let go
- Press the red TV power button (the smaller of the two)
- Press the down arrow button, about once per second until your TV turns off. Once your TV turns off Do Not press the down arrow button again.
- Once the TV turns off, press the pound button (under the number 9)
- The “sat” button on your remote will blink a few times and your done! Just press the “sat” button again so you only change the satellite channel.
*** If you are using 21.1 Remote, or any of the black and gray remotes, it is A LOT faster and easier to look in your manual and find your devices code. Click to download a list of the codes here: TV_VCR Codes Dish Network.pdf
My Dish Network TV 2 is changing channels by itself, what do I do?
- Take your TV 2 remote to the TV 1 location and turn on TV1
- With your TV 1 remote, Press Menu, 6, 1, 3. This will take you to the system information screen. On the bottom of the screen there will be a secondary remote address between 1-15. See what your remote is set to.
- With your TV 2 remote, Press and hold the “sat” button in the top left corner until all four mode buttons light up. Then let go.
- Press a number (1-15) that is not the same as what your remote is currently set to.
- Press the pound button (#)
- The remote will blink a couple times, then hit the record (rec) button (either above the 2 or 3).
Your done! Just take the remote back to shere it belongs and hit the cancel button on TV 1 until you get your picture back.
My remote is dead, can I get a free replacement?
Why should I not buy Camera Systems from Costco/Sams Club?
Pre-built camera systems, such as Costco and Sam’s Club, are made to be what they are (plus their picture quality isn’t typically as good!). You would not be able to just add one more camera to your system if you find a trouble area after you buy purchase. There is no local support and you are on your own for installation. They have proprietary connections that aren’t commonly used. If you need the line to be a little longer, you’re out of luck.